Our new mission. To have fun with old ads, and look at America in years past.

<

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Applied Communications--- Uhh Sort Of

This would SORT OF be good if this kid did more than piece together random instruments and sounds while yelling into a microphone.

In short, this piece of crap is a reminder that ANYONE can put out a CD. Quite honestly, I couldn't listen to the whole thing to give it a review, so I'll pass along a few impressions...

I'm somehow reminded of the person who is not as important as he thinks he is. The person that isn't as good as they think they are. That's who this kid is. He thinks he's talented, when in reality he's just another shmuck with too much time and nowhere to direct his energies. Noise, noise, noise, that's about all this thing amounts to. Maybe if he listened to some Negativland he might find a more creative way to take that cacophony of sounds and make them into something slightly more pleasant.

Need I bother to grade? F-

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Suh-wheet!

Well, the obvious good news is that I've given you somewhere to direct your energy! This is step one of my patented program! Now all we do is add a few herbal remedies to the mix, and not only will you be happier and healthier, but your skin will have a lovely blue tinge!
My blog is what it is. It's substance over style. It's current incarnation is "Half assed music reviews are funny." Why do I do it? I'm reviewing discs for WFHB and since I'm providing my opinion to the station, I'd like to share it with whoever else is interested.
Insecurities? Ha! You keep telling yourself that. Remember, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one and they all stink. I am not beholden to any magazine or paper, so I can be honest about my feelings. I don't have to temper myself.
Hey, maybe you've got your audience. If you do, that's great. You think Negativland blows? That's great too. I am not a huge fan of theirs, but they have their moments.
And who knows? Maybe some random person will see this and check out your disc to see if I'm full of shit.
Listen to Oscar Wilde. It's better to be talked about than not talked about.

9:07 PM

 
Blogger Adam said...

BTW. I invite you to link to a website. Do you offer soundbites? I would happily provide links.

9:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home