Our new mission. To have fun with old ads, and look at America in years past.

<

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Even though I am reasonably sure I have a link to my Yahoo group on the page, I am including a bonus post for those that haven't visited! I post my playlist weekly. The following is this weeks post. WFHB streams online. Give it a listen! If you can't, join the club! With a few more readers, I may be inclined to be a bit more interesting!

Greetings, welcome, and salutations! It's time for another razzie award winning issue of HATM-The print edition!
As everyone is surely aware, Ray Charles passed away one week ago today. As my Dave Blood tribute went so terribly bad some time ago, I figured I would pull back a bit and lead off simply with 3 Ray Charles tunes. Somehow I used 2 covers. They must just call to me now. I can't quite explain it.
While not pulling extensively from the library, I am still picking through our add pool, which are new releases from various artists. So far I'm pretty happy with what I'm finding, which also says a lot about our reviewers. I rely on what sort of description they give me, and so far they have been giving me enough detail to come up with some pretty good tunes! I haven't been noting them lately, but I'll go back to the a (add pool) and p(pond) notations for new and recent releases, respectively.
On to the show!

Ray Charles --------------------- Ain't That Fine
Ray Charles --------------------- Let It Be
Ray Charles --------------------- You 20th Century Fox
Carl Perkins -------------------- Blue Suede Shoes
Johnny Cash --------------------- I Walk The Line
Stan Freberg -------------------- Heartbreak Hotel
Dr. John ---------- How Come My Dog Don't Bark When You Come 'round?
Rick James --(bitch!)------------ You and I
Danny Kaye ---------------------- Minnie The Moocher
Fleetwood Mac ------------------- Tusk
Louis Prima --------------------- That Old Black Magic
ELO ----------------------------- Strange Magic
What The Kids Want -------------- 4:30 A.M. (a)
Sonic Youth ------------ Kim Gordon & The Arthur Doyle Hand Cream(a)
Martin Mull --------------------- Margie The Midget
Frank Zappa --------------------- Can't Afford No Shoes
The Bad Plus -------------------- Smells Like Teen Spirit
Rip Slyme ----------------------- Five Fishes
Art Of Noise -------------------- Dragnet & Peter Gunn Have a Day at the Races (Mark Gable Mix)
Pet Shop Boys ------------------- West End Girls
Kajagoogoo ---------------------- Too Shy
The Romantics ------------------- Talking In Your Sleep
Franke Goes To Hollywood -------- Relax
Kim Wilde ----------------------- Kids in America
Styx ---------------------------- Too Much Time on My Hands
TMBG ---------------------------- Don't Lets Start
Stray Cats ---------------------- Stray Cat Strut
Men At Work --------------------- Be Good Johnny
Bouncing Souls ------------------ Don't You Forget About Me
Mucky Pup ----------------------- Darling Nikki

And that was that! I must admit the show doesn't have a lot of direction right now. I may grab my martin mull LP and play something again this week. He was quite the wacked out hippie!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home