Our new mission. To have fun with old ads, and look at America in years past.

<

Monday, December 29, 2008


Curses! How on earth can I reinvent this blog, and then completely ignore one of the ads that served as my inspiration?

One of my favorite types of ads are those that go to great lengths to explain your illness away. Back in '42, people were cursed with lazy livers! Get that bile function going, people! Put those bowels in high gear!

I've never known anyone to be diagnosed with lazy liver, nor do I expect anyone to be. Maybe old Dr. Edwards ideas never caught on. If they had, we'd surely have heard about other ailments such as lazy pancreas, bitchy spleen, or upset colon.

Anyway, that ad was my inspiration for this site. I think it is a great example of vintage advertising, and really just quite silly.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home