Our new mission. To have fun with old ads, and look at America in years past.

<

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Hmm... Where shall I begin?
I think I'll start this short post with a note about the poor state of education in general in this country. Have you seen what has happened to spelling? I don't know what is worse, seeing "ostrage" for ostrich or the following ...and I quote...

"Minor nusances"..... ARGH.. spelling used to be just a pet peeve. It's soon to grow into a full fledged obsession. ARGH!

AND.... I thought I would put up a brief 2 sentence or so review of a recent release. I have just begun to review CD's for the station and thought it wouldn't hurt to put some of the info on here. Maybe I can turn someone on to something they haven't heard before!

Today's selection is Dufus. The album is Ball of Design. Overall it's a pretty good little disc. It doesn't live up to the hype included in the literature, but it is pretty solid nonetheless. Think "The Barenaked Ladies meet Frank Zappa and then go out and get drunk with Captain Beefheart". That is the best comparison I can think of at the moment. None of the tracks keep the same tempo throughout wihich can be good or bad. It's mostly good, though. It tends to work more often than not.

I'll be reviewing more in the future. I currently have new releases by The Presidents of the United States of America and Circus Mind awaiting review. After a brief preview, Circus Mind may be a fairly forgettable album. We'll see.

A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home