Our new mission. To have fun with old ads, and look at America in years past.

<

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Wow.
I am officially amazed. I am also becoming more ashamed to be an American. I just receievd my new copy of Consumer reports, and in it they review 4-5 large sedans including the Ford 500 and the Chrysler 300. While I am not the poster boy for saving energy or fuel, I have always made some attempt to drive a vehicle that gets...well... decent mileage. Keep in mind that I remember the day when Volkswagen Rabbits and Datsun B210's roamed the earth getting around 30mpg. Are you even remotely interested in what these big behemoths get? Well, the good news is that the high end is roughly 25+ mpg. Sadly, the low end floats around 10 - 11.

Even though I probably shouldn't be surprised, I guess I am. I would have thought with gas prices spiking and warnings that overall supplies of oil were indeed finite that we would make SOME attempt at improved fuel economy. Guess it's just not in the cards.

Hey, kids... do a brutha a favuh and click an ad, wouldja?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home